Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Self-Portrait....

"Captured Memories" is the sentiment and I am not sure how this turned out a self portrait, but this project had a life of it's own.  I love these Dilly bean images because they are a little quirky.  The Dilly Beans challenge was to use ribbon, and I wanted to try a different route so I punched holes in the card and did "Corset" kind of ribbon tie.  Hope you like it!

This is the layout I used from Sketch N Stash:



You can never have too many tiny clothes pins when you are a carmaker!

Materials used:

Image - Dilly Beans
Polaroid frame - Lawn Fawn
Sentiment - printed from computer
Camera paper - Echo Park "Here & Now" love love love this paper!
Cardstock - Neenah
Coloring - Copics

Challenges entering:

Dilly Beans  - Ribbons Challenge (Sept. 27)
Sketch and Stash Challenge -Challenge 122 Sketch (Oct. 7)
Creative Fingers  - Challenge 3 "Make it Shine" (I added a rhinestone for some sparkle!) (Sept. 26)
Pennys Papercrafty  - Challenge 149 2 types of paper (Sept. 24)
Card Making Mamas - Challenge 74 For the Kids (Sept. 31)
Handmade Harbour - Midweek paper craft party (DT, not eligible for prizes)
Whoopsie Daisy - Ribbons & bows (Sept. 29)

12 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh - this is just stunning. Your coloring is phenomenal - I love it. And I love the whole layout, the way you made it like a scrapbook page (self-portrait - hee hee - love it!). So cute! Thanks for joining us at Dilly Beans. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE this, the ribbon looks fantastic. Well done :)
    Thanks for playing along at
    Creative Fingers
    Hugs, Teresa DT
    Ceesa's Card Creations

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card. Great take on the sketch and fabulous colouring.
    Thank you for joining us at Creative Fingers

    Huggsss, Angelique
    EngelDesignsScrap

    ReplyDelete
  4. Laura this is just amazing! I love what you've done - the image, the ribbon, the tiny clothes pegs (there's another word we have different over here!). Thanks for linking up to Handmade Harbour x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous work, thanks for sharing with us at Creative Fingers, Lynne DT xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. hi to you laura what a lovely card thanks for sharing with handmade harbour corner this week
    Rachel DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely card, so colourful

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is absolutely LOVELY Kit! I just love your style!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A lovely card Laura, such a sweet image and your ribbon looks gorgeous like this.
    Thanks for joining in with Sketch N Stash.
    Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, this is stunning! Love the cheerful colours and your colouring is magnificent. Awesome job. Thanks for joining our challenge over at WhoopsiDaisy this week. Hugs...Mona

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this card, the image is adorable and I think what you have done with the ribbon looks fabulous.
    Thank you for joining in the fun with us at sketch n stash xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. omg, what a cute card! adorable image!!
    thanks so much for joining us at SNS Challenge!

    ReplyDelete