Saturday, August 31, 2013

Hello "Meet Anneke"...



From the Heart Stamps is having a DT call and I really wanted to apply since I adore Faith's digi images and her sketches.  I'm a regular challenge participant at that blog ever since I found it!  

This little card above I made new especially for the DT call and I had so much fun making it.  I purchased the "Meet Anneke" stamp found here at From The Heart Stamps....she is super fun to color! I paper pieced her dress.

(I also wanted to add the recent card I did for Sketch 32):-)



Card Ingredients:

Image - From the Heart Stamps "Meet Anneke"
Coloring - Copics (colors used below)
Embellies - My Minds Eye & handmade
Paper - Recollections from Michaels
Dress paper - My Mind's Eye
Die - MFT flower die for the rose





When I stamp I usually stamp out several of the same image and practice different colors.  First, I started out thinking Anneke was going to be a brunette, but i quickly realized I wanted her a red-head.  The second was too red, so I went for a more blonde-ish red.  It was so much fun to color her and I find it interesting after I make a card to look at the progress.



Also, I wanted to create some texture and layers so I decided to go with the twine from under the microwave drawer!




I was very excited to make my own felt rose here for the first time (the orange one in the middle).  I used orange felt and the MFT flower die and rolled it up then put a little dot in the center.

I would love to be a part of the Design Team for From the Heart Stamps.  I am currently on the Handmade Harbour DT which is a great group and we have tons of fun.  Thanks so much for considering me! You will continue to see me around no matter what at all your challenges.....:-)

Challenges entering:

7 Kids challenge Blog - Challenge 81, Anything Goes with Markers (Sept. 11)
Simon Says Stamp - Anything Goes (Sept. 4)


Have a great weekend.....


7 comments:

  1. Laura, your coloring is fabulous and i like your layout. Very pretty card !

    Thanks for entering the DT Call and Good Luck !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Imke that is very sweet of you!

      Delete
  2. Wow, this is amazing. I really love your coloring and seeing how you came to the choices is so neat too. Beautifully put together. Thanks for entering the DT call at FTHS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, your coloring is fantastic! I'm a wee bit jealous, lol!

    Thanks for playing along with us in the Simon Says Wednesday Challenge!
    XOXO ~ Laurel

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your style of coloring, the bright colors you used, and your card layouts/designs! All beautiful!! So happy you entered the DT call!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is adorable and your coloring is fabulous! Thank you for joining us at the www.7kidscollegefund.com challenge! Hugs, Rosie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much for your kind words! :-) Laura

    ReplyDelete