Thursday, January 1, 2015

Little Quick Bowdabra Bow ~Tutorial~




If you are a crafter of any type the Bowdabra is a handy tool and easy to use.  It basically holds your ribbon for you so you can get a pretty bow very quickly.  Even a small one like I used on my box here. The little box is 2.25 inches square.  The ribbon is 1.5 " ribbon.

Here is how easy it is:


Cut the Bowdabra wire (or whatever string you are using) to 30".  Fold the wire in half so it makes a loop and place it in the Bowdabra with the loop on one side.



At this point I like to turn my Bowdabra so I can make sure my loops are even.  Lay the ribbon in the Bowdabra (I used 1.5" Ribbon here).


Fold the ribbon over and go back and forth.  I like to twist the ribbon as I pull it to the next loop.  Here is a side view.



I like to make my loops smaller as I go up so the bow is nice and round on top.



Scrunch the bow down using the Bowdabra Wand  (included with the Bowdabra).  The wand goes in the same way as the wire (not the ribbon).

Pull the loopy side of the wire over the bow and insert the tails through it to make a knot around the bow.  **Make sure you take out your wand before you tie the wire or your wand will be in the bow.** Not that I have done this myself or anything….  :=)



Pull your bow out and fluff it. I like to pull the loops in opposite directions.  
Thats it! Now enjoy your pretty bow.








1 comment:

  1. Wow, this bow is AMAZING Laura!!! I have the bow it all but I don't see myself able to make one of these beauties! I bet you had fun with your Holiday wrapping! :) Wishing you and your family a wonderful and Happy New Years 2015! May this year bring you lots of love, joy and many blessings my friend! :)

    ReplyDelete