Monday, January 27, 2014

From The Heart Stamps - Sketch 51 - Sewing Fun


Good Morning ladies!


Since today my card theme is "Sewing" I decided to show a little project I sewed in the past, a baby quilt for my adorable nephew Jack. The fabric I used is from Moda.  I especially loved sewing the free form quilting over the top (the little circles):


For my card today, it is for the new Sketch Challenge over at From the Heart Stamps and the sketch is a cutie!
Keeping with the Valentine Theme, I used the digi stamp Love You To Stitches, which I love! 

I wanted to use my sewing machine because of the "stitches" theme in the card, so I got it out and went for the red zig zag.  Ok, I have to say, it was very fun sewing and it has been too long.  Ever since I started making cards my sewing has been neglected, but I hope to be able to balance both.  So here is my card: 


Hope you all have a wonderful day and play along with us at From the Heart Stamps Challenges.

Challenges entering:



3 comments:

  1. Laura, your quilt looks fabulous (Wow, what a project ) and your card is adorable. I also had this image in my hands ....next time. Love the little yarn role - great accent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laura I clicked on to tell you how awesome your sewing was on your card then I see it is because your skill goes so far beyond the card...I love your quilt! Very inspiring!
    lyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Your quilt is beautiful and I am sure that your nephew adores it!! I am just learning to sew...kind of...LOL! Your card is super cute too! I wish I could sew as straight as you do on cards - mine goes all wonky and wiggly! I just pretend it adds character - LOL! Your's looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete