Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Beach Bum Bunny


Good Morning!

My baby (ok he's 2 years old, but he will always be a baby to me) insisted on swimming yesterday and I think it put this whole swim/sun/snorkel guy in my mind.  The colors make me happy.

For some inspiration I used this Sketch #70 from Sunday Sketch & Stamp


Bunny was very hard to color because I wanted him white but he's underwater so.....practice practice.  Also I havent colored many animals!  I colored him 4 or 5 times....of course my Dark Blue Copic marker came to a bloody end by dying in a spurt of blue ink on my last copy before this guy.

Materials:

  • Digi image - Tiddly Inks
  • Markers - Copics
  • Emboss sentiment - Sizzix
  • Dies - nestabilities circles and scallops
  • Dots - white Candi dots I colored to match (LOVE these, they are about 3 bucks for 150 white and you can color them any color with copics to match your project)

Challenges entered:

I am entering little Bunny in the following challenges;










Thanks for peeking!  









15 comments:

  1. Awesome! I like this bunny a lot and the embossed sentiment, too.
    Great job!
    Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks fabulous Laura and love the colours. Thanks for joining us at Sunday Sketch and Stamp this week
    x catherine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Laura your card is absolutely gorgeous. the image is adorable and I love the embossed sentiment.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamps Wednesday Challenge
    hugs
    Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful, great colouring of the image, thanks for joining us at Brown Sugar this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great color combo and delightful image! Love your take on that sketch. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Tuesday Throwdown this week. Good luck in the challenge draw.
    NanaConnie

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a cute sweet card! Thank you for linking up at Tuesday Throwdown! I wish you the best in the draw Gail DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness!!! This is simply adorable!! Excellent coloring and love the embossed bottom as well! Thanks for joining us this week at Kitty Bee Designs. Join us again!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh this is so sweet.

    I love that image.

    Colours are great.

    Thank you for joining us at Brown Sugar.

    Good luck

    Tracey DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. great card and you are right they are happy colours. thanks for sharing with Here Come The Boys x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great tip with the Card Candi, thanks! Thanks too for sharing your sweet card in the Anything Goes challenge at Here Come The Boys
    Good luck and hope to see you next time too, Donna ☺

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great colours and such a super image.Thanks for joining us at Kitty Bee Designs, with our Summertime challenge. Hugs Tania (DT)xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Weeeee! So cute! Perfect summer fun card! Mahalo for joining us for Aloha Fridays at Kitty Bee Designs! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So cute, I have never seen a bunny swimming before. I am very glad you entered this week at Tuesday Throwdown. I hope you had fun!!! See you back very soon to play in another fun challenge.

    TTFN,

    CraftyGirl
    craftygirlcardsandcrafts.blogspot.com
    Tuesday Throwdown DT

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is so adorable and fun! The sentiments pops so nicely with the embossing and beautiful colors. Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Throwdown.

    Kim - TT DT
    www.lilypatchstamps.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very happy colours and love the sentiment!
    Thanks for joining us at Kitty Bee!
    -Emmey DT

    ReplyDelete